Join author Erin McKittrick and artist Kim McNett for an online nature drawing and writing course
· Seminars on Mondays April 13th, 20st, 27th, and May 4th 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
· Self-guided practices during the week
· Personal Mentoring by Appointment
· Written instructions, resources, and meeting recordings will be hosted on Google Classroom, along with a platform for sharing our work.
Program Fee: $260
Learn to enhance your awareness, encourage your curiosity, and record your experience in nature through writing, drawing, and focused nature inquiry activities. This beginner friendly course will help you get started with a series of structured exercises, group seminars (weekly Zoom meetings), personal mentoring, and a private online platform to share and discuss our works and progress (Google Classroom).
Weekly writing and drawing exercises will provide a structure for your self-guided practice. Short weekly meetings will give us a chance to gather collectively and share our reflections on our practice and introduce the next lessons. Meetings will be recorded and written instructions will be posted for those that are not able to attend the live online meetings. For those that wish to make an appointment, Kim McNett will meet personally to discuss any topics related to you practice, whether it be creators block, techniques for classroom teaching, or any other challenges or curiosities that you personally are experiencing during your practice.
First Session: April 13th5:00pm
Our first session will allow us each to personally familiarize ourselves with each other. We will cover supplies and materials, so please gather your materials so that we can review and discuss them (see list of suggested materials below). We will also go over the flow of the course, how to use our ‘classroom’ as a constructive sharing platform, and some on-the-ground field sketching and writing strategies.
If possible, please watch the following instructional videos from Kim McNett’s website and try to do one exercise from each before our first meeting:
· Medium weight paper drawing journal 5.5”x8” or larger (heavy weight is harder on pens, light weight does not work well with mixed media)
· Micron Pens (03 and 05), fine tip Sharpie, or other fine felt tip pens
· Mechanical Pencil or #2 pencil with sharpener
· Gum eraser
· 6” pocket ruler
· Colored Pencils (recommended brands Prismacolor or Faber-Castel)
· Any materials that inspire you!